View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #68
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
If you buy a PC without an OS, or with Linux preinstalled, even if your friend have the same PC sell by another that come with Windows, this will not give you the right to install Windows on your PC because "it's the same thing, so I have the right"
Yes, but if I buy a PC with Windows I have the right to install Linux on it. Similarly, PocketBook could make their firmware available for the Gen3 hardware - although it isn't clear what they would gain from doing so. OpenInkPot could do the same, and in fact they looked into doing so but the port is stalled (Device/NetronixEB600).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote