View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #20
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
My point in posting this stuff about distances is that the Kobo isn't easily available to look at. I would to check one out, but I don't know anyone who has one, and I don't have time to drive that far just to look at an e-reader.

I might do it if there weren't many others available to look at in stores that are much closer to me, and I'd bet that many others would, too. If you ask most people about E-readers in the US, they are going to talk about Kindle or Nook. I actually knew someone who had a Sony a couple of years ago, but she switched to Nook when her Sony died.

So...is Kobo ignoring the US because they figure that they've lost the market here already, so they're focusing on the rest of the world? Or is it just that they don't know how to try to break in to the US Market? Why are they no longer selling anywhere but independent bookstores in the US? (and they don't even sell at all independent bookstores, just a select few)

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote