Thread: PRS-350 Changing Fonts in PRS+
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #25
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
seajewel:

Yes, you are right. I have overlooked it completely.

Played with fonts, CSS and changing system fonts.
Results:

It seems to be a fact, that using CSS you MUST have all 4 styles of fonts in the font folder! The reader is not able to render bold or italic if there is no special designed font in bold or italic. Not just with NimbusMod but every other fonts too.

But: if you change the system font of the reader (there is just ONE fontstyle; regular, bold, ... is rendered from that font) using NimbusMod_Regular all 4 styles are available!
That's what I have done - I use Caecilia and NimbusMod alternating as system-fonts.

And: Producing a BOLD-version (similiar to a rendered one) of Nimbus-Mod is quite simple. I could do that job.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote