Thread: SVG Covers
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
I've found out that iBooks on the iPad and iPhone support SVG covers for both the thumbnails in the bookshelf and the cover in the book but I don't like how the covers look if the "Preset cover aspect ratio" field is unchecked - the image gets distorted. If the field is checked my impression is that the cover is displayed "as is" - I may be wrong.

So, what is the advantage of using SVG covers?

Do you personally use them?
By default calibre uses SVG as the cover for all ePub conversions. Check Preferences - output options - ePub output for settings affecting the SVG cover. If you check preserve cover aspect ratio your cover should not display as distorted.

If your question above is about iBooks then you need to ask in some other forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote