View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #6
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
"Meetings With Remarkable Men", based on Gurdjieff's autobiography.

The movie, and not the book, is stuck in my brain.

I saw the movie in the early 80's at a shabby independent movie theatre. The customers in this theatre were usually unruly, with the habit of rampaging to the exits shortly before a movie finished. "Meetings..." ends with a long and hypnotic Whirling Dervishes dance. The movie finished. For several minutes after the screen went blank, the audience just sat glued to their seats, silent, mesmerized, stunned.

That's my memory of it after all these years. Of course, if I saw "Meetings.. " today, I would probably be totally unimpressed.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote