View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
RachDvn
RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
azw to mobi: Not detecting chapters/page break at chapters and no TOC

I'm trying to clean up a large batch of files for a friend who sent .docs (her own writing) to amazon for conversion. I'm using Calibre to convert them from .azw to .mobi and running into a wall for chapter detection. I've tried ticking and unticking the "Preprocess input file..." option, and there is no change. I've tried changing it from "pagebreak" to "both", and still no luck. My XPath expression for detecting chapters is default.

I also can't get a TOC to be generated. I've tried ticking and unticking "force use of TOC" and no change. I don't particularly WANT a TOC, but if it's necessary for creating page breaks between chapters, then fine, i'll take it. The main wish is just to have each chapter begin on a new page!

Any ideas why this is? Am I missing something? Is this a bug or is it connected to the orig format and I'm SOL? I tried to attatch a file for example, but it seems .azw can't be uploaded? Perhaps I could send a PM with an attachment to someone?

Thanks in advance!!

~Rach
RachDvn is offline   Reply With Quote