View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
I was wondering if there is a way to remove duplicates and unused files from calibre's library?
In theory there shouldn't be any duplicates or unused files in the library. As you change metadata the directories/files are changed.

When you first installed calibre you should have pointed to an empty directory. If you didn't then you may now have a jumbled mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
Ithat is directories for both the old metadata and the new.
At this point I would like to give you advice but you are trying to use a version that is almost 50 updates behind.

My only advice is to copy the calibre library to a safe place so your books aren't lost then follow theducks advice and (after removing the old software) install the current version of the software using the binary install presented on this page.

Make sure you point to an empty directory this time and then re-add your books with the If books with similar titles and authors found, merge the new files automatically feature checked.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote