View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #387
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
A book I read, enjoyed for the most part (except for the math), and thoroughly disagreed with the central idea was Our Mathematical Universe by Max Tegmark. But as strange as is that idea that "all structures that exist mathematically exist also physically" and that any structures complex enough to contain self-aware substructures will subjectively perceive themselves as existing in a physically real world, I would hardly call him a peddler of "woo". I'd say he's simply another scientist who has a fascinating Theory Of Everything into which I have not been sold. Besides, the rest of his book is very mainstream, even if his main thesis is a throwback, in my opinion, to Pythagoras.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ostcount=19068

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-06-2014 at 10:12 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote