View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 08:41 AM   #384
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Thanks. The book's description made me suspicious and the reviews too, but I looked up Lanza and saw that he was indeed a scientist if not in the field he is tackling here, and I was wondering if the book might be worth reading anyway. But that Wired article settles it. Here's a quote from the book:

Quote:
Modern science cannot explain why the laws of physics are exactly balanced for animal life to exist.
Of course modern science doesn't explain that. Modern science has proved that animal life evolved to adapt to their environment. That includes the laws of physics. If the laws of physics were different, life would be different, but how can we say that our laws of physics are the only ones that would allow life? We can't, so the argument is worthless.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote