View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #62
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Thanks for the Havana Blue suggestion, Issybird. This is the last day of Kobo's BookRiot50 coupon so I picked it up for $5.05. Can't pass up a police procedural in an interesting location.
You're welcome; hope you like it. I also read it with a Kobo coupon and the publisher, Bitter Lemon Press, has other interesting mysteries in translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
That sounds like a decent option.
I read it last year when I was doing a somewhat similar challenge (but I also allowed travel books and non-fiction--and then rather wished I hadn't). It surprised me that some of my favorites were contempory detective novels; I think it was because they weren't self-consciously arty or analytical, but very matter of fact about everyday life, as you'd expect.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote