View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #7
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

Hi Terminator,

Like I said, Stanza is partly dysfunctional today. (You can thank Amazon for that -- they intentionally stopped updating Stanza, in order to promote their own Kindle app which is still inferior to Stanza after all these years.) The thing that is dysfunctional about Stanza is 3 of the 4 Settings buttons -- Stanza crashes if you push any of those 3 buttons. Otherwise, Stanza still works. It's a really sad state of affairs that, as of March 2013, I still need to be using crippleware like Stanza, because there is simply no better e-reader available for iPhone right now. Fortunately, the superb Marvin e-reader will be arriving on the iPhone in a few months' time from today, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

As to tranferring books, you can completely forget about iTunes. iTunes is no longer needed for anything at all in 2013, in relation to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. (That era was over in 2011, but most people don't seem to have noticed.)

There are many other, easier ways of transferring books to your iPhone. My two favourite ways are:
  • Just email the book to yourself. You can then open the book on your iPhone from the email attachment, opening the book in whatever e-reader you prefer to use for the moment.
  • On your main computer, just load your books into Dropbox, SugarSync or another such cloud software. Then on your iPhone, simply use the Dropbox app or SugarSync app to open the book in the e-reader of your choice. (I use my Dropbox and SugarSync pretty much as one would use a traditional hard-drive -- except that this cloud "hard-drive" is accessible from all my computers and mobile devices, which suits me perfectly.)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote