View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Hi Jack

Good if you've decided.

To concur with DNSB and for the ones who don't, I'll provide a small example. I found an EPUB whose line-height was too small for my taste. The KOBO settings could do nothing to change it.

I opened the CSS with Sigil. It seems that Kobo modifies the body setting for line-height. But, as for all EPUBs, this setting can be overruled by the paragraph settings and I just found a line-height:normal in the standard paragraph setting. I modified it and all was OK.

This kind of surgical intervention is easy with Sigil and you can perform it to change many small things you do not like.
Would not Calibre's Tweak Books work in that specific case?
I do still use Sigil when nothing else works but,
there are several reasons I would prefer Calibre if possible:
1. Sigil no longer supports Linux.
2. I feel uneasy manipulating books in Calibre's db with a 3rd party tool,
so I do a lot of renaming, deleting and readding, not to mention deleting from the
ereader.
3. In order to make it possible to manipulate the book I usually have to have Calibre
open anyway.

Last edited by geormes; 03-17-2013 at 10:03 AM.
geormes is offline   Reply With Quote