View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
OK... So tell me then How do you transfer things from it to the Fire? Not just stream. People use this on the road ... without WiFi its not going to transfer LOL So must be away to transfer to Fire. Another problem I having is their Videos to do this stuff I can only get the 1st one to work on Fire.. So I dont have a Guide LOL
The Seagate IS its own wifi hotspot. Think of it as a mini router and hard disk combined.

Simply install the Seagate app on the Fire, turn the Seagate on and wait until you see the wifi ready light. Turn on the wifi on your Fire, connect to the "GoFlex" (or whatever you see in the available networks list), open the app on your Fire and it will display a file explorer. I think you are confusing wifi with internet. You are NOT connecting to the internet -- you are connecting directly to the Seagate via its own separate wifi signal.

You can assign your own "network" name to the drive and select WPA2 encryption -- highly recommended if you plan to use the drive away from your home.

Keep in mind that the GoFlex does not allow simultaneous use of the drive and the internet, with multiple devices. The newer model , Seagate Wireless Plus does offer this and allows connection of eight devices simultaneously. I have both models and they are excellent for transferring/streaming files.

I mean no disrespect, but a little research on wireless drives would have been useful prior to making a purchase. At the very least, reading the included documentation (or online) will suffice.

Last edited by Skydog; 03-03-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote