View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #122
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Sounds like a good plan! I find the KF heavy too at times for reading when my arms are super tired. Another reason to get a PW.

Last night I wanted to throw my Kindle Fire. The Pdoc cover issue is getting worse. It took me 3 Kindle clear data tries and restarts to get them all to show. I really do need that PW so I don't have to deal with it anymore. It looks like Amazon isn't going to fix it.
I find that if I leave the Pdocs alone, some times the problem resolves itself. The covers will just appear after a few hours. Deleting the Kindle data has no effect with me. My hunch is that the problem lies with the cover size. If it's the wrong size the cover will never download from Amazon's servers. The only other way I've been able get the covers to appear is with the deregistering trick. Now I back up my Amazon books first.

I think that when I deregister it, the KF treats the Pdocs as it would Sideloaded books. That's why I think the covers show up. Anyway now I don't even bother with covers anymore. I've been slowly replacing them with Amazon bought copies or just deleting them when I'm finished reading them.

Btw Amazon's Mturk is a great way to make extra money for books
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote