View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos View Post
Hi,
Has anyone of the PRS 700 users tried to apply a no-glare screen protection display foil? Did it help?

Is it possible to read books, that are bought at the Amazon book store on the Sony reader?
Glare has never been a problem for me.

I am using the lights a lot - unless in truly bright light, the low setting helps a lot for me, but I sometimes have problems reading paper books in similar light.

As long as you can buy them, eg with an iTouch, sure you can; you need to transfer them to your PC - in the iTouch case the easiest way is to jailbreak it and sscp - takes under 30' to setup all with a Google search or two, but there are ways for non-jailbroken ones -

Then you get a prc book, sometimes drm'ed sometimes not; if not Calibre is perfect, if drm'ed, well the "usual" applies - see this forum Ebook-Formats/Mobi, look for Igor's blog online - another easy process to setup, maybe 30 minutes total, and then it's under 5 minutes per book
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote