View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #35
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnginerdLisa View Post
I just tried to install the mobipocket 6.0 software and got an error that says
"The READER.EXE file is linked to missing export SETUPAPI.DLL:CM_Get_Parent."

Any ideas on what I need to do?
Are you running XP or Vista? You don't really need the 6.0 version unless you're trying to capture the Kindle's PID (via XP) and there is another way to do that.

Download the current MobiPocket Reader version 6.2 from the MobiPocket site here. Here are the differences between the versions I noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I experimented with a couple of versions of Mobipocket on my dual boot XP/Vista laptop. Here are the results.
  • If Mobipocket 6.0 is installed on Windows XP, the Kindle will be recognized and it's PID will be captured.
  • If Mobipocket 6.0 is installed on Windows Vista, the Kindle will not be recognized at all and you will be asked to attach your handheld device... incessantly.
  • If Mobipocket 6.2 is installed on Windows Vista, the Kindle will be recognized and and additional drive but no PID will be captured.

If you're running Vista, try to install Mobipocket on an XP machine with your Kindle attached long enough to get the PID. That way you can run 6.2 on your Vista machine and just fill in the PID you got from the XP machine.

daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote