View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #42
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
isn't it a bit hypocritical to say that itunes has found the happy medium when it comes to reconciling drm and ease of use, then say that the reason itunes drm is so great is that it's easily broken ???

i'm also curious why itunes continues to be cited as the argument for drm, when they have actually now begun to sell drm-free mp3s (as does Amazon).

i'm sorry, how is that relevant ? you can't beat someone to death with a kindle legally either, but that has nothing to do with drm.

i don't beleive rlauzon was talking about trying to make profit from copyright files, just personal use, which this would not be an example of.

again : relevance ?

@ Ricky : there is a page in the wiki listing libraries which lend ebooks. some charge a subscription fee, some are free. there are quite a few of them.

I understand that there are libraries out there, and some of them may fail. I guess I just don't see what that has to do with a purchase system. Of course, I have been reading (with great interest) the articles concerning the "purchase" of ebooks as being really a form of "rental" since the Doctrine of First Purchase is not applied.

However, the fact that there are a number of libraries listed on the Wiki would not appear to support the other poster's argument that the library system is some dismal failure ... which is what I got from his post. Also, the reason I questioned his support for his assertion was on his point regarding that the library system had been proven to be a failure. Maybe I'm just not making my point very clearly ... that's certainly happend before.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote