Thread: MobileRead October 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #21
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...It's hard enough some months just keeping up with the nominations. I certainly don't have time to track down everywhere the books can are sold.

Alternately, I could leave off links altogether and let everyone do their own searches for books of interest to them.
I understand that...checking often to update new nominations, and then taking the time each time to add in the new ones, and format it right, and then the post you're constantly editing becomes a big, unwieldy mass of formatting that you're constantly scrolling up and down through to find the pertinent parts at the moment (if only we had a wysiwyg editor that enclosed spoilers while editing!). And the ones I deal with have no links and are usually less numerous and simpler than yours!

As to the links, I'm fine either way. I do sometimes click on your inkmesh or store links as a starting point for a selection, and definitely your mr library links for the free books, but it would only take me a second more to just go to a site myself and input the title. With it sounding like inkmesh, the go-to catch-all link, is on the fritz and only getting worse, and no comparable alternative, and considering the time it takes you, I'd be fine with only adding links if posters supply you with them, on just doing without links altogether, if it makes it easier for you.

I will add that I do think inkmesh still seems like an alright site to me - it may get facts wrong, but you always find that out as you click through to the actual sites. One advantage it still has as a link here is that anyone interested can still do quick searches easier, just clicking inkmesh, then clicking the stores from there, and so despite its worsening flaws it's still the only real catch-all link option available. Perhaps you could keep it and have a prominent warning before the nominations, something similar to "inkmesh can be valuable but beware of possible outdated prices and information".
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote