Thread: Boomerang
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #234
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
And yet another very nice review from a UK reader.

A thriller and a farce.. brilliant!, 29 April 2011
By
wicce_k "wicce_k" (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
I read this book due to the author giving a glimpse of his book on a kindle forum. The book was cheap so I decided to download it, and then promptly forgot about it until a few months later!

I will admit that I found the book hard to get into at first. The scenes chop very quickly from place to place, all these random little threads of the tale, which at first felt very disjointed and hard to follow. I was going to put the book down, but thankfully I persevered and I am very happy I did!

Once I got into it, the story is a very fast paced yet very funny book. It turns a thriller into a farce and back into a thriller again! And because it was so funny and interesting, it was (for me) a very quick read!

I also loved the authors use of language in the descriptions, some fabulous words that really describe a scene in a way that Jane Austen could never do!

Would highly recommend to all people with a healthy sense of humour!
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote