View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #60
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts324 View Post
Not a good solution, if you'll pardon me. Ligatured oe is a French character in the same way the cedilla is, for instance, and should remain untouched anytime the French language is involved.
I agree. And if I could find some workaround that allowed the oe ligature then I'd be very pleased to use it.

In fact, Book Designer is very poor with French typography. It removes the spaces adjacent to many punctuation marks. Guillemets should have a space next to them. I now add a non-breaking space during the conversion.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote