View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #658
lrizzo
lrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Totally awesome! I am very happy to know that you can run a K3 without an amazon-approve battery. I just upped your karma to all 2's (adding an extra digit).

And I added your success report to the first post. It just keeps growing.
Not fully successful though. Reflash works reliably (which is good) but the device is not back to life and without a serial cable it is hard to tell what is happening (something _is_ happening because power drain varies over time -- tens of seconds -- perhaps because the device is trying to reboot or something).

Now that you mention the Amazon-approved battery, it might well be that
the system refuses to run because it is not detecting a good battery,
but to fix this i need some more work -- my LiIon battery now is very low
(down to 2.69, it even shut off at some point). If i let it charging, the light
stays on only for some 30 minutes, then goes off and apparently the
battery restarts discharging. This makes the charging process very
tedious, as i need to monitor what goes on and periodically disconnect
and reconnect the cable.
lrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote