View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #16
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I totally agree.

It could be she plans to go self published or with a more main stream publisher and that's why she wants them removed. This does make me add her books to bottom of my TBR pile though.
In terms of Science Fiction? I didn't think baen was any more a niche publisher than any other SF publishing houses. And a traditional publisher would not know what to do with the Vorkosigan saga.

That being said, I think she is making a mistake. When most of your novels are in a series, having most of the older works available for free helps make it easier for new readers to get involved... otherwise you have to buy 10-12 books just to read the latest book in the series. At the very least, she should probably offer a heavily discounted omnibus of the first 10 books in the series.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote