Thread: MobileRead December 2011 - Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #107
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Here's where I am: The Iliad has 24 books. I thought if we read it in six books a week chunks it wouldn't seem so formidable; it would be about one book a day if someone wanted to approach it that way. I also thought an ongoing discussion would lend interest and provide encouragement to keep up. But we could always make it four books a week and plan on taking six weeks, if people thought that was more manageable.

How about the second Monday in January (January 9, 2012) to start the discussion? It would be out of sync with both other clubs and people wouldn't have to start reading until after the holidays. I'd be glad to start the thread a week earlier, to kick things off.
Four books a week and January 9th sounds good to me, if the others agree.

Also, even though I have a copy (or two), I think I'll download the one from here, as they tend to be a much better copy than the PD books from Amazon.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote