Thread: Duokan FAQ
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #39
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird View Post
i can not make this work. i copied the folder in the said dict. and when i try tts in my kindle (using dictionary while in doukan then pressing alt q for 1), i only hear chinese then a male english. how can i use the female voice? thank you
I'm not sure why the improved dictionary TTS hasn't worked for you. Maybe it needs a restart to recognize the new dictionary.

As for the female voice, there is one in the original. You have to access it from within a book. Use Aa key, go down to TTS, move your cursor to "male", then hit enter and toggle to female. This will not be the nice voice you get with the WyabdcRealPeopleTTS dictionary, however.

Last edited by montalex; 12-07-2010 at 09:14 PM.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote