View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 05:51 AM   #5
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I hope we have a camera geek here.

I'm going to CES in January, and I want to shoot some video of ebook readers. I don't own a video camera. The best camera I won is a consumer model with a resolution around 6MP. It can shoot 640x480 video. Is this good enough? If not, then can you recommend a good camera? What about a tripod?

Thanks.

What's the budget? What are you using to edit the footage? How powerful is your computer?

Dependent on all these, I'd go for a HD camcorder (solid state or memory card or both) that's capable of doing full Hi-Def (1920x1080px). Pair that with Sony Vegas editing software and you're golden (assuming you're on Windows. If you're on Apple then Final Cut Pro is a no-brainer).

At the low end you can go for the Sony TG3E which is available for around £400 and does full HD.

For a little more you can get the Canon HF200 (a friend of mine has this one). Lots more features and a very good camera for around £600.

All of these Hi-Def cameras need a pretty beefy PC for editing, nothing less than a core 2 Duo with plenty of RAM and fast Hard Drives (preferably one for scratch and one for source footage).

Last edited by Moejoe; 11-15-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote