View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #38
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Quote:
if Mobipocket had not had this exclusivity and allowed Sony to use Mobipocket with DRm, ePub would not be making such inroads as it is.
Let me rephrase your sentence:

If Amazon wouldn't demand this exclusivity and allowed Sony to use Mobipocket with DRM, ePub would not be making such inroads as it is.

prc ist a stable, robust format with a lot of possibilities. I will indeed miss it. But then, it still may be used (as I do) in a non-DRM fashion. For the common customer, epub doesn't have any outstanding advantages. Right now the format is more of a contemporary whim of eBook tinkerers to me (note: strictly personal opinion).

Last edited by K-Thom; 08-09-2009 at 10:12 AM.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote