View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #37
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by X read X View Post
I disagree with every one of these statement so much it's not even funny. Have you even used one?
The message is not addressed to me but it has so many mistakes (though PERFECT spelling, I guess that is what matters here)

No
Send me a sample and I will use it.
Or you expect us to spend 500$ to find out that it is not usable??

Quote:

Ok so you haven't even used one yet. Yea, that's credible.
Sure, I am telling you that this device is better than...I do not know what other device. Since you have not used that device you can not talk argue with my statement. The spell checker fixes the grammar but what can one use to fix the logic???

Quote:
Unless you live in the 1800's and are reading by candlelight (or have a problem with your eyesight) it works just fine. eInk has prided itself as being easy on the eyes especially compared to LCD. It is a researched fact that LCD screens cause eye fatigue. As for clarity, this thread says it all https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167778
I suggest we should all drop our monitors and TV sets. Buy JetBookColor instead. (Like in "put some Windex")

Quote:
New technology comes with a cost, that's the way it works.
Like this is the argument to buy it!
It can cost an arm and a leg but it can be as useless as this one is. It is not any better than B&W ereaders. That is what the JBC fans fail to explain

Quote:
It's spelled 'development'.

Quote:
They have established a firm credibility with 5-10k sales in Russia before the device was even released in the US. This is an interesting speculation but is not based in research. Also, anyone with a jetBook or JBL knows they make good on their promises for firmware updates.
I don't know why they bothered to put any software on it. Should have released the device with no software, Put a sticker on it "Software coming". "Trust us"

Quote:
They won one of the most credible awards in innovations in the world and you are questioning whether or not it is an innovation? The 30 or so programs on it are for education, no one else has that. And it is open source so their is a larger range of places a book can be obtained.
Let it go to the Education market then.

Quote:

Compared to what? I read it is faster then DGX in all aspects but one. I will wait an extra second so i don't have to strain my eyes on a computer screen or iPad.

Quote:
*Readability. *Development. (Ah spelling, who needs it)This 'competitor' where can we buy one? Where can anyone buy one?
Here we go again

Quote:
I think in order to look to the future you must first have a firm grasp on the present. They have won awards, made large contracts with entire governments and from what i see a lot of people want one. Actions speak louder than words.
We would like to see some action. So far these are just promises and advertising. Many concept cars won awards but they never reached the market.
I can't wait to see how good the new firmware is.

Let' me tell you something: a good product does not need much advertising. This one seems to need. I detect some efforts to convince the community that the device is good. I detect the efforts but I do not see the arguments

(please, for the sake of fluidity of the discussion send me the typos and the errors in a PM. I have no problems with learning more English this way. Try to attack the arguments not their shape.... old and good rule!)

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 02-27-2012 at 12:06 PM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote