View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #12
Fugubot
Connoisseur
Fugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watch

Device: Sony Reader
Scotty1024,

I agree that the hardware is enjoyable. I don't mean to criticize the Reader.

Sony's marketing strategy seems odd to me. Given the problems that the Connect Software has experienced over a number of years now -- why would Sony feel a need to compare Reader sales to its music sales? Its like saying, "If you think this is bad, wait till you see the mess we have over there!"

Why can't a CEO simply say that "Sales are stronger than we imagined. We sold ____ readers in only 4 weeks and our new store has sold _____ books. Its a new and exciting and growing market and we're enthusiastic about its potential."

By bringing up the much hyped music store (remember Sheryl Crow's endorsement), it seems as if Sony thinks the world saw Connect music as a success. It makes Sony's leadership seem out of touch with reality.
Fugubot is offline   Reply With Quote