View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 AM   #1
nikde
nikde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Can't restore my K5 to factory default

Hi all.

I made some changes on my K5 (etc. install launcher, change Amazon Store icon to browser icon...) and now, I need reset it to factory default.

So, I follow debricking instructions (if I understand, that is only way although my Kindle is still working). At first, I followed method with Fastloader, but my Windows 7 had some troubles with drivers.
So I was following https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2202022 but there are some problems to connect to Kindle via SSH. When I try establish connection, in the putty there appear error "Network error: connection refused".

When I try connect to kindle via SSH in normal boot mode (not diags) it works well. But I have some questions about pass. I see here in many topics that root password is fionaXXX or mario but for me works everything. I can connect as root with no entering pass to, just press enter. But when I enable WiFi acces, I cant login as root neither with mario not with fiona noth without pass (tried via WiFi also via WiFi). With enabled Wifi access, there is some else screen too. Without there appears something like "Welcome to kindle..." when I logging. When Wifi enabled, this is missing.

Can you explain me, how that root passwd works? And give me some token to reset my Kindle to factory default?
nikde is offline   Reply With Quote