View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #22
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Picture of my Paperwhite Screen

Here is my PW screen:

The photo shows a vertical blue line on the left border. However, when my eyes look at it, I don't see it on the actual device.

Is it possible that many of the so called "defective" screens are not visible to other folks?

I do have 20/20 vision in my left eye with a small cataract and a large cataract in my right eye which still can see good. Thus, I hever had it removed. However, those cataracts may be blocking the imperfection which shows on the photo.

Its also revealing that neither the photo nor the actual device shows any imperfections at all on the bottom where all the photos I've seen here show deep blotches.

Is it possible that the LEDs in my screen are on the left and not on the bottom? If that is true, then my unit has totally different hardware than the defective units I've seen pictured here with apparently four LEDs on the bottom. Its possible that I have an LED strip on the left in place of the other units with bottom LEDs.

I've also noticed that I do NOT have to reduce the lighting in bright or very dark rooms. I can keep it constant at level 22 (default) of the 24.

Maybe folks with defective screens should request the new hardware with the LED strip on the left when they call for replacements.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-07-2012 at 01:34 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote