View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
uebyn
uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
As We Grow Older, We Tend to Read Less.

Hi,

I was never an active member of any forums, and frankly I started off joining this forum to promote my writing. However, once I begin browsing through the threads, I start to want to participate, largely because I am still the same bookworm underneath.

Which brings me to the realization:

As We Grow Older, We Tend to Read Less.

I'm sure it doesn't just apply to me. When I was a kid, or even as a teenager, reading fiction seemed to be my full-time job, and my schoolwork part-time. Now reading fiction has been delegated to the sidelines, so that I haven't read fiction in months. By now the only time I have for reading is right before bed, and I'm now stuck with a non-fiction book (Guns, Germs and Steel) that I'm determined to finish (gave up on it halfway through the first time I read it).

And it's a real shame, because fiction is a really important part of my life.

What about you? Do you feel the same too - now that you're a full-fledged adult and everything in life needs your attention, reading fiction has become increasingly difficult?
uebyn is offline   Reply With Quote