View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 08:11 AM   #25
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchoku
When you replace your big vacuum tube, you're going to have to do some more advanced trig. Measure from the front of the tube to the backrest of your favorite chair. Measure the height of your tube's viewing area and divide that in half. Draw a right triangle on a sheet of paper with one vertex a lot narrower than the other. Label the short side with the tely's measurement and the long side with your chair's distance. Divide short by long and use a calculator to calculate the arc tangent, tan [-1], or tan inv. That's the magic angle to make sure the new flat panel looks the same size as the old tube. Write it down in the narrow corner. Figure out how much closer to the wall you can put the new tely and run the calculations backwards to get the new tely's new height (of the viewing area).
Or ... I could buy one with the same vertical measurement, and move my chair a bit closer.

Actually, I'm hoping the SED sets come out sometime soon. They look promising to me.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote