View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #10
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My pleasure. I am constantly working to improve them - a fully proofed version of "The Old Curiosity Shop" should be ready to post in a few weeks.
While we're on the subject of Dickens, which one would be a good starter? I've never read Dickens, although I've read my fair share of 19th century literature.

Any specific Dickens books to recommend (and why)? I've asked several people, and they all give me the knee-jerk response of either David Copperfield, Bleak House, The Adventures of Oliver Twist, Great Expectations or A Tale of Two Cities. I can come up with those myself. Few can answer why are any of them good (I'm sure they are, I'd just like some info).
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote