View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #69
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
A.
Yoohoo! My Kindle is back on her feet!!! Wow!

My advice to those who have bricked their device OR the brickers of future generation is to not give up at all. I tried I think more than 50 times rebooting and trying different combinations of RUNME.sh files and in different modes (main and diag) and this is the way I (read geekmaster) debricked my holy Kindle which had dust on it (not used for months in shelve ):

1. In MfgTool, select diags mode
2. MAGIC REBOOT which is {push reset button + Magic button as our geekmaster said}
3. In USB folder, copy data.tar.gz and this RUNME.sh:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
mntroot rw
/usr/sbin/factory_reset
echo "Goddamn! Geekmaster is Awesome man!" > /mnt/us/holycrap.txt
4. Then do MAGIC REBOOT still in diags mode.
5. Now you should have holycrap.txt file on the USB of Kindle.
6. Push Stop button of MfgTool and select main mode and push Start.
7. The do MAGIC REBOOT again.

UPDATE: You might have to boot in main mode one more time (repeat steps 6 and 7).

Guess what? Your little gorgeous Katie is back home!

Geekmaster: You deserve a BIG HUG from me and the whole community. Just wanted to say your time and effort will not be avoid and sometime some where in future, it will do good for you. Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
But I have not successfully written an image to my touch yet in fastboot. There are "forensic" copies of mmcblk0p1.img for the touch on the net: http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle/touch/forensic/
Also, is this image from a 5.0.0 version of Touch firmware?

EDIT: One headache in working out this debricking procedure is that novice end users don't know when to go in main mode and when in diag mode, when to push start button and when to stop, things like that just add to the frustration of it... I suggest adding one "just give me something that works" step-by-step instruction (like my 7 steps) that just does the job in the original post.

B.
If this didn't work for you, here's my 2nd RUNME.sh that I used to happily recover when my KT bricked in a very strange way for second time!
Code:
#!/bin/sh
mntroot rw
dd if=/mnt/us/bak/mmcblk0p1.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K
mntroot ro

Last edited by thatworkshop; 03-02-2012 at 11:57 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote