View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #81
NightGeometry
Zealot
NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I would like to see the stats on how many people actually unlock their phone with the intention of switching to another carrier.

With iPhone, all the carriers have it anyway. iPhone owners ususally just jailbreak to modify the way the OS works.

Android users unlock their phones in order to be able to put custom ROMs on.

I've hung around a few android forums in my day and have never seen a post that said "I can't wait to buy a Droid Razr, unlock it and then run that bad boy on AT&T!"
It's anecdote, so not data, but... of the people I know pretty much everyone who can afford to buy the device outright does, in order not to be tied in to a 2 year contract. In general it normally works out slightly cheaper buying outright (not taking into account time value of money, just in a raw comparison).
NightGeometry is offline   Reply With Quote