View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #390
beninma
Enthusiast
beninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Various Kindles, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I think that the person that you're responding to was referring to the opposite effect.

On the K3 with lighted cover there's a brief "brownout" when changing pages where the light dims, which I never seem to notice when I'm reading, but notice a lot when my gf is reading on hers. My understanding on the paperwhite [which I've only seen mentioned, not in person] is that the screen blanking phase of refreshing causes the light to appear much brighter briefly, possibly equally annoying.
I didn't notice it till I started reading this thread.. but the Nook w/Glowlight also does this odd thing with the LEDs.. it brightens them momentarily on every page turn... I've had the Nook since right after it came out and never noticed it till yesterday.

I'm waiting for a Kindle PW as well.. if it is better then the Nook Glow in terms of screen color temp, contrast, etc.. it will be "good enough" for me as I'm tired of some of the B&N annoyances such as not being able to zoom pictures/diagrams, no cloud integration for the wishlist, poor contrast with the light off, etc..

If the Kindle PW does not have the odd blue tint of the nook LEDs and it does not give lose it's black level compared to non glow readers it will be a big improvement IMO. My nook has a lot of the uneven lighting issues that people mention in this thread.
beninma is offline   Reply With Quote