View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #50
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post

If I get a book from a UK or Australian indie, I *expect* a certain amount of localized terms and references - it's part of the reason I enjoy reading them.
Yes, and as I've said I'm fine with books in US English and it's usually not a problem because it's either just different spelling or words which are different but don't have a specific meaning in UK English (i.e eggplant/aubergine or diaper/nappy) But that particular thing I mentioned kind of broke the atmosphere of the scene a bit - yes, I knew that the soldier was wearing patched trousers and braces and not patched underpants and garter belt...but that was still the first image that sprung to mind

Last edited by Yolina; 02-27-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote