View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Time Travel &/or History Books

When I was a little boy we spent a good deal of time in Spain and England. From when I was 3 until I was 8 to be exact.

Naturally we went to museums (where I was once, in 1954, removed from the King of Spain’s throne)(I was tired). I blame all of those suits of armor and swords for my interest in history.

But my interest in reading about history came from a few books;
Andre Norton
The Time Traders
Galactic Derelict
The Defiant Agents
and
G C Edmondson
The Ship That Sailed The Time Stream

No, they ain't GREAT FICTION. But they are great if you're a little kid.

Then too there are the Patrick O'Brian Aubrey/Maturin series. The first being Master and Commander.

Even the Sherlock Holmes books take you back to history.

There were many more fiction books, but then too there were many non-fiction books.

The non-fiction books range from Babylon to the moon.

And history can be fun! After all what can be more engrossing than Human body lice reveal the birthdate of fashion!!!

That and more can be found at The Costumer's Manifesto.

Anyone else interested in historical fiction of that sort, or non-fiction?

Last edited by HorridRedDog; 03-13-2010 at 09:39 PM.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote