View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #123
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
I believe OO/LO do macros by Java, so a completely different language.
Nope, LO does BeanShell, JavaScript (not Java), Python and LibreOffice Basic, which has a VBA Compatibility option, but the the VBA macros will still need som tweaking to run (I also prefer the original Microsoft VBA - probably because I've done macros in Word for over 15 years (back then VBA was an Excel-only thing, the Word macros was rather different - ah, those memories ...), but only just "dipped my toes" in LibreOffice, and don't find it very intuitive compared to VBA.

But to conclude: Toxaris' brilliant macro will not run as-is - but it is probably doable with a little effort. (Any LibreOffice macromakers around here ?) It should be LibreOffice, OpenOffice has a sort of Basic too, but it is not up to par with LO, and the Apache developer team may be brilliant, but they're not fast ...

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote