View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The structure has nothing to do with your problem. Look at the html for the title page if you want to see what the difference is.
You're right. I went back and checked an additional dozen or so books that were on Stanza and found that some with the OEBPS folder were also having the issue.

I saved the title pages from 2 epubs -- one with the problem and one without -- and opened them up side by side in Notepad++ and could not see any difference between the content of the two. If you'd like to take a look at them, I can post their contents here.

I even looked at the resolutions of the cover jpegs and could see no distinction between those in the problem epubs and those from the OK epubs. My cover jpegs by the way are all various sizes.

Quote:
That's good, convert the books with blank covers and resend them to your device.
LOL, well I wasn't converting with "blank" covers. I have had that option checked since I first started using Calibre (well over a year ago?) and have converted literally hundreds of books this way. I believe I originally checked it because I was getting either dupe covers or a blank page (can't remember which) after the first cover on my iPod Touch. At any rate, checking that option gave me perfect epub covers for those hundreds of books on both my Sony PRS-350 ... and iPod Touch previous to i0S5 and the new version of Stanza.

Even now, most of the epubs converted with that option checked are still showing up fine on my iPod Touch in Stanza. So I don't know what is going on.

Apple must have changed something in iOS5 ... or Stanza changed something with this new version ... so that epub covers are now rendered in a slightly different way.

If you will note, the instructions in Calibre are to check the box for "No SVG Cover" if you have an iPhone. The iPod Touch is essentially the same as an iPhone in terms of its apps and they use the same iOS.

The good news is that unchecking the box seems to have fixed the issue for those problem epubs. So I thank you for putting me on the right path.

All is good now, though I still wonder why some of the older converted epubs show up fine and some do not.

Last edited by PatNY; 11-12-2011 at 02:21 PM.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote