View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 05:53 AM   #8
KaiAdin
KaiAdin began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000s
Ah I might have an intersting one for you guys later...

I just got my DR1000s (well a 2 days ago, but its still got that new plastics smell )

I pulled it out of its case (a re-purposed neoprene laptop case) to get this delightful error code (see the attachment).

The DR1000s will not go past displaying the irex logo, the main/power LED blinks red, and in the Middle/Bottom touch sensor Strip the Right most LED is lit, while in the Right Touch Sensor strip the top most LED is lit. The main 'O' button seems unresponsive, and the unit will not turn off. The eink screen is working and the dot of the eye, just rotates round and round... (mocking me D: )

I tried to update the firmware manually through the SD card as suggested in the irex support forums, but to no avail as after displaying the "Updating" and "Update finished screen", it reboots back to the aforementioned error screen.

I am currently in contact with a support rep using their trouble ticket system. And I'll give a report on what it means hopefully when they reply.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0367.JPG
Views:	671
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	33640  

Last edited by KaiAdin; 08-05-2009 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Typo + added bit of humour
KaiAdin is offline   Reply With Quote