View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #521
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I suppose that you can buy the Harry Potter audiobooks on Pottermore and gift them, saying the receiver lives in GB. I haven't tried it myself, but it might work. I've listened to the Jim Dale versions a number of times, but have never listened to the Fry version. Jim Dale is very good. I do wonder if this might be a case of the first version that you listen to is the "right" version and the other version sounds off.
If that were the case, I would prefer the Jim Dale versions, since those were the first I listened to. Don't get me wrong, I think the Dale versions are excellent. But I think the Steven Fry versions are even better. And they have the virtue of the language not having been "Americanized".
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote