View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #13
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
no. i don't. for as much blame as at&t gets on handling this, i don't think any of the carriers would do much better. as for tuesday's meltdown, how can they even attempt to prepare for the spike in traffic they're only going to see for one day. apple managed to handle things on their end, but they weren't getting all of the upgrader traffic as some people went right to at&t, some to radio shack, best buy.. at&t got hit with all the phone verification traffic.

at&t does deserve some blame because they have had 4 years to prepare for these events, you think they'd learn something. there was a report that they pushed an untested production rollout over the weekend. whoever made that bonehead decision should be filling paper sacks with fried potatoes now. their poor security, again, their own fault for not testing things beforehand.

but as far as network usage and overcrowding. i don't think any of the carriers would be any better off. they all pretty much suck. just who sucks less?
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote