View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Some pdf readers (eg Tracker's PDF XChange and the one that's built into Firefox) include lightweight OCR - that's what's happening when you do a select all, copy and paste into a text editor.

I would paste the text into my WP program - do some tidying, e.g. removing the page numbers and prettifying the font page, then save it in a format that Calibre can handle, in Open Office Writer that would be ePub via the OO add in, and in MS Office that would be HTML Filtered which you would convert to Epub.

You could OCR the PDF, free tools here ==>> http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-free-...ble-documents/

However I just scanned the PDF with Nuance's Omnipage, it was only marginally better than cut & paste from Tracker PDF XChange and would still need some tidying up.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote