Thread: Galaxy Note II
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #26
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
If it's the pixelization that bothers you the difference is in DPI not just resolution and pixel layout. Though they are all tied together for the over all image quality.

That said there is a difference for me.

I have the Galaxy S, my sister has the Droid Charge, my brother has the Note, and his wife has the S3.

The droid Charge is a Super AMOLED Plus(RGB) with the same res as my GS. For me those screens look about the same quality.

My brother and his wife have a Note/S3. The S3 has a very crisp image and looks nice, the Note is a little grainy (looks as good as my GS). They both have a HD Super AMOLED screen(same rez/both pentile). But the screen on the S3 is smaller than the Note so the DPI is larger.

Both the GNexus and S3 have HD Super AMOLED screens and the same resolution, the only difference is the GNexus has a smaller screen hence a larger DPI (316 vs 306).
I did not get to compare the S3 vs the Neuxus but alone the Nexus screen looks very nice.

So your brother thought the name "SAMSUNG" that's plastered in front of the phone was Apples new logo?
My brother has the GN and I have the S3, we have compared and agreed that the S3 has an improved screen compared to the GN, even when both use pentile and the GN has a slightly higher DPI. Samsung said so themselves at the announcement of the S3, they improved the pentile screen, and said so again with the Note2 announcement. That said, it's not a dramatic difference, but still noticeable.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote