View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #15
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashfulbanshee View Post
I'd pay more money for an indie book that got a stamp of approval that I respected (haha like free trade products!). Will there be the rise of pseudo-publishing house logos? I need someone to simplify and inform my consumer choices
Sounds like you need a "Bashful Banshee's Book Club" sticker system.

Short of setting up one yourself, probably your best bet is to find someone whose reading selections/tastes are pretty much like your own, but for whatever reason (bigger book-buying budget, more leisure time, sheer perversity), they read and comment at greater length on more/different books than you do. Then stalk their posts liek whoa.

If you haven't already noticed, we've got a Reading Recs forum and generally people who start threads asking for particular personal recommendations on any subject matter get a fairly good response
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote