View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #12
Frida Fantastic
SF/F book blogger
Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
@ ATDrake: Thanks for the recommendations! I like Robert J. Sawyer, I had no idea he was Canadian! I've saved your post on my to-read text file list

Just to further analyze why I already trust your recommendations even though I don't know you: (a) you demonstrated your need for standards (b) you address the niche I'm looking for (c) you mentioned an author I already like (Robert J. Sawyer).

I agree with you on all fronts regarding your standards with indie publishers. Quality needs to be on par or better than any of the traditionally established authors I could read instead. I need to be convinced that it's not something that I could just read off Fictionpress.

I think indie publishers are racing to to get the audience. The big publishers came semi-ready made with an audience, but indie publishing doesn't. Not everyone can reach relevant people through social media, it's just so fragmented. I'd pay more money for an indie book that got a stamp of approval that I respected (haha like free trade products!). Will there be the rise of pseudo-publishing house logos? I need someone to simplify and inform my consumer choices
Frida Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote