View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 04:52 AM   #15
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Don't see why, and I'd say, not necessarily. Do you seriously think that Sigil should have generated thousands of new id's for the thousands of paragraphs in that ePUB of 600 printed pages? Crap, I'd rather regex 10,000 identical id's than 10,00 different ones had I made that mistake (and don't think that I didn't make one that dumb, a long time ago). ;-) Sigil's not a word-processor; it assumes that its users are smart enough to know HTML, XHTML and CSS. {smile}.
Actually, generating new unique ids for paragraphs isn't that complicated in Sigil. Thanks to the comprehensive Index code implemented by Meme, all you have to do is:
  1. Delete all paragraph ids and select Tools > Index > Index Editor.
  2. Right-click the Index Editor window and select Autofill.
  3. Select Tools > Index > Create Index.
This will cause Sigil to automatically add consecutive ids to each paragraph in the epub. (Not that they'll be particularly useful.)

Last edited by Doitsu; 05-23-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote