View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #4
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I still think buying music is cheaper.
It all depends how much new music your tastes extend to. I've been subscribing to Napster for eight years now. I love exploring new music, working my way through the reviews each month and listening to what's out there.

For the price of 1 CD each month I can listen to most of the new releases that catch my eye. Before subscription services arrived I would buy those releases that I really wanted to hear - without having heard them first. There'd be the occasional duff CD that I'd listen to once and then never again, but more importantly the majority would fall into the bracket of 'listen to half a dozen times the first month, then a couple of times in the next few months, and then very, very rarely if ever again.'

Subscription music takes you through that period where you fall in love with a CD but then grow tired of it.

Out the other side of that come the real gems, the CDs that stay with you forever. Those I eventually buy.

So, for an outlay equivalent to just one of those CDs I used to buy each month that went on to gather dust, I get to listen to far more new music than I could ever afford before, and hone in on those wonderful releases that really resonate with me.

What's more, because the subscription allows me to explore far more widely, I find more of those all-time favourites than I could before.

Win-win, I say.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote