Thread: Classic Nook annotation database
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #10
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader2 View Post
Interesting, I was planning to write some app to get the notes/highlights but was not sure where to find the data. It's on my list.
---
In the /data/com.bravo.ereader.activities/file is a filelist containing the books (and some font sets), these are called
bookfilename_UserData (p.e. Calibre Books ebook_catalog - calibre.epub_userData)
Most of these are about 6/700 bytes but annotated are must bigger and contain things like:
#point(/1/4/150/5:3)tinvullend voorspellend
Well that was a (dutch) annotation I made to the highlighted part of the page I also bookmarked.
So it might be that the annotations are stored within the metadata of the booklist.
If you delete the book, it will also disappear from this list ... and your annotation is gone.
I do believe you have found it! Awesome!!!!
If the next B&N update doesn't fix things with annotations and library organization, it's softroot time!!!

One question (and food for thought). Do you think the numbers in parentheses(/1/4/150/5:3) denote the chapter, section, page number, row and column (or some combination thereof) where you made the annotation? I guess the highlighted text itself doesn't show up in the file eh? (That would have been just too good ).
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote